I thought I was doing ok with the 3 miles running thing. I thought that I was cool. I thought I was tough….but then last night I got a text message from M. and on her 5 miles every other day and her 5Ks marathon in Central Park. All of a sudden I remembered how I was lagging behind during our run together. Initially, I thought it was because of her long Swedish legs but then all of a sudden I had an epiphany………. who am I kidding, exactly?
I- am- not- in- any- kind- of- shape- for- a- 5K- run. …Not-at-all.
Notwithstanding this I will go running with her and the girls..…If I don’t make it I can blame my butt for being so big. If the rest of the girls don't make it, they won't have the same excuse because those bitches eehmmh girls don't weigh more than 100 pound apiece.
Anyway, my reflection is that I totally lack the gene that causes jealousy and competitiveness. If I were a different person I would feel like I needed to also run 5 miles every other day and get out of bed at an unspeakable hour to roll over to Central Park on Sunday mornings for the 5Ks. But since I lack the drive to measure up (or down) I am sitting on a self-satisfied big butt engaging in caffeine and pasta related food crimes. And I am pretty much happy with that.
On a different note, I am going to the Opera tomorrow night and I swear to Jah that I have nothing appropriate to wear….but decided that I CANNOT buy the dress for that.
HAve a good week end, dear people. I'll try to come up with something meanigful soon.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
your guardrobe problems will be over pretty soon, I believe. and that's the only positive element that I can find you your decision to move where you are moving.
you can picture me shaking my index at you.
I know you don't care, and that's the way it should be. But I feel compelled to tell you this anyhow.
Love you.
Demonio
Thanks Demonio..you and my mother share the same concern..
I hope your mother does not share ALL my thoughts about you, for it would be highly unappropriate.
Post a Comment