Sunday, September 7, 2008

Obelix, Astrix and the ICC

I have started reading Ethiopian news. The major events of last week include:
The great Obelisk of Axum returned home this week. Okay…not really this week. It was unveiled this week but it been back home for a while already…..about 3 years to tell the truth ! Come on people, it’s African time, “now” means anything between within the next two hours and two decades. I am happy that the Axum Obelisk is back. Now if we can only find the great Astrix of Governance somewhere…


Meles Zenawi gave an interview to LA Times on Bashir’s diplomatic offensive against the International Criminal Court saying that “Concern for justice should not trump concern for peace”.

How convenient. I think he ponders his own fate..

Let’s see what I can pick up from the coming week.

PS Hope the GoE does not read my blog ir I will be png’ed before getting there…that in my world would make me a sort of hero.

No comments: